Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Under the weather, but not out of the race



Dear Family,
I've been feeling a little sick this past week, first off with my eye then I just got a plain old cold. Ugh, but not bad enough to keep me from doing missionary work, just enough to make it a little uncomfortable. And then I remembered that one saying. It was an apostle. Or a prophet? It was someone important who said that most of the work done in the church is by people who feel sick or tired and just get out there and do it anyway. People who feel like there's something stuck in their eye so it's hard to concentrate during Zone Conference. People who think they are going to have a mental breakdown. People who have fevers and sore throats and aching backs, arthritis, chronic pain, fake teeth and running noses.
It's the people who have broken hearts and who have lost children and wondered how they could continue. The ones who struggled and fought to go to church, but whose children hardly ever say thank you or even appreciate the sacrifice. The people who are a little too forward or outspoken.
Jesus said: "They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick"
And what was Jesus' advice to all of us sick people? Follow me. Love one another. Feed my sheep. Serve one another.
So they keep going. They find the medicine they desperately need- not jut to help with their physical and emotional pain, but to cure their spiritual diseases and bring a happiness and peace that relieves the aching soul.
They are the ones I have seen here in Seosan, the ones I saw even back in America who at the end of the day Jesus can look at and say "Be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole."
Last week at our Halloween party we had a blast, but it was exhausting so I am glad I don't have to do it next year. We also got transfer calls so my beloved companion is leaving. Sad day. However, I am getting back another beloved companion-- Sister Jeong Ji Yeon! We served together in a threesome in Jeonju a while back, she's the one who used to be a model, does yoga and is a vegetarian. I'm pretty excited.
Not a lot else in the way of news. I hope you all have a great week, love you lots.

--
Sister O'Bryan
Daejeon PO Box 38
Daejeon-si
Chungcheong bukdo 300-600
South Korea


No comments:

Post a Comment