Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It's so cold my bones are frozen



Family,
Another week and things are going pretty well, it's too cold for us to go do anything exciting or fun, so instead we just went to the public bath houses and had old grandmas scrub us clean. I always feel so clean afterwards, probably one of the few things that I won't be able to get when I go back to America (which is WAY in the future so no need to keep telling me about it....)
This past week we met with some of my favorite dental technician investigators and played a really fun game. You take a bunch of post it notes, write famous people's names on them and then put them on everyone's forehead without them seeing. This way everyone can see who everyone else is, but not themselves, then they have to ask questions to figure out who they are. It's great for learning English, or just if you need a fun game. I also made them draw turkeys with their hands as an outline on a piece of paper and write things they were thankful for-- I told them it was an American tradition. I mostly said that because I couldn't really think of anything else that we do besides eating massive amounts of food and watching football-- two things they couldn't do. Plus they don't really know the difference so instead of just thinking I was weird they just thought I was American. It works out great.
On Sunday something cool happened. We got to church and there were two people just standing outside. We unlocked the building where we have church and they came in and we started to talk to them. I guess the girl had come once before with another friend and so decided to come again with her.. boyfriend? They stayed for all three meetings and were nice... except I thought there was something a little funny with them, we asked them where they went to school and other things and thought it was odd that they were in High School but neither of them could really spell. I just chalked it up to them being from really far out in the country, but I guess it turns out the school they go to is for people with mental disablities. Oh well, if they want to come to church, I'm not going to stop them....
I hope that you all have a great week! I love you all.
--
Sister O'Bryan
Daejeon PO Box 38
Daejeon-si
Chungcheong bukdo 300-600
South Korea


No comments:

Post a Comment