Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year





Dear Family,
It was really nice to talk to all of you on Christmas. Sorry I'm not as exciting as you probably think I am and apparantely I have gained a British accent. (Although I'm still not sure where that came from). I also got some goodies that mom sent through a kid in our ward so I made my companion an almost authentic American chicken-stuffing casserole. She was amazed. We then got 6 inches of snow so after our snow fight with some members I showed her how to make snow angels. All in all a pretty fun Christmas.
This week I have been thinking a lot about New Years Resolutions! Since 2010 is almost over and 2011 is about to start I spent some time with my companion and went over some things we want to accomplish next year (and in our lives in general).
Here are a few things I was thinking of:
  • Always help pay for a missionary (there's a lady in our ward who talked about how she helped pay for her husband's younger brother to go on a mission and during that time how it was one of the most spiritual times in her family's life.. I want that. Even though I can't always be a missionary I'm still too selfish to let everyone else have all the fun).
  • Join a book club
  • Create a Korean drama watching club where people can come to my house and I will make rice/ a main dish, they can bring side dishes and we will spend time watching Korean dramas
  • Listen to the Book of Mormon in Korean
  • Do family history for a couple hours 3 times a month
  • learn how to quilt
  • take voice lessons
  • baptize Natasha (you can't avoid it Natasha, it will happen eventually)
  • Go to the temple every month
It was really fun, so I thought I would encourage you to write down some of your goals and send them this way. Or you can examine some of the goals you set for this year and see what you were able to accomplish, that is also fun.
Anyway, I hope you all have a great holiday season, love you lots.
Rebecca O'Bryan
Daejeon PO Box 38
Daejeon-si
Chungcheong bukdo 300-600
South Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment