Sunday, March 28, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
- Gather up your proselyting materials. Make sure to write your phone number on everything, place it all in your Book of Mormon. Materials usually include
- lots of flyers with your ad/short message
- church pamphlets
- pass along cards
- pray for guidance to find those who are ready and receptive and anyone that the Lord wants you to
- Talk to everyone, some of the places we find people most often are
- street corners
- bus stops
- peple walking the same direction
- on the bus, in the taxi
- Remember your main goals
- build a relationship of trust
- teach a street lesson 길토론
- make a return appointment
- get their phone number
- give your phone number
- get a referral 소개
- Although you may not understand everything, they appropriate response is NOT to always smile and nod, that is how you propogate false doctrine. Be prepared for their response which usually include:
- jumping away/ seeming very scared, I don't know why, we look really nice.
- non-responsive (pretending they have a phone call, but you know they don't, listening to their music, etc)
- smiling at your foreign face then turning sour when they see you are a missionary
- telling you they are busy, attend church
- ask you if you are the church that doesn't believe in Christ
- pat your arm, call you beautiful and tell you to keep up the good work
- excitement about your English program
- To remember:
- When approaching I usually siddle up next to them and say "I'm a missionary!" in a really excited voice
- When handing things, like flyers, use both hands
- wear warm clothes, otherwise you may freeze to death
- Remember the words of my companion "I love mean people, it means Satan is working hard to keep us from those who really need us"
Thursday, March 11, 2010
And now, as the preaching of the word had a great tendency to lead the people to do that which was just—yea, it had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else, which had happened unto them—therefore Alma thought it was expedient that they should try the virtue of the word of God.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
So I am moving to 전언. It apparently has the biggest ward in the mission and the biggest apartment, it used to be a four man house but now it is just two sisters. I haven't seen it yet however because I am at the mission office meeting my new companion and what not.
And yet it's a very sad transfer because I had to leave all 12 of our progressing investigators. Last night I met for the last time with our progressing family, the two little girls are absolutely amazing. We gave them a story book of the Book of Mormon and asked them to read a chapter a week (two page spread of comics basically), but they ended up reading half of it last week! By themselves! Who does that! The saddest part is that we originally started meeting them because they had a lot of English interest and although they are starting to realize the importance of the gospel I am not sure if they will continue to meet with the missionaries now that I am leaving. The sister that is replacing me is from Mongolia and doesn't really know much English.
But I know that the Lord will take care of them. I prayed a lot after hearing about the transfer situation and I feel a lot of peace about everything. Maybe they will drop, most likely the Elders will teach them, and they are always in the Lord's hands.
I have no time to tell you more exciting things, but if anyone knows how I can contact Sam while he is in Korea, that would be great. I know he is only here for like another week and I only have one more p-day, but still that would be neat to possibly meet him for lunch, show him a little bit of Korea.
Love you all,