Monday, February 22, 2010

Week 11 in Gwangju

Dear family,

We will have a baptism this Sunday and then hopefully next Sunday as well. I am really excited. This Sunday is a young girl named 이지은 (Lee Jee Un) who is 15 (So 13 American age) and her aunt who she will live with is a member/returned missionary. Next week is a great woman who we are teaching English and the gospel to named 임성진. We are also looking to make 2 more baptismal dates this week with some of our investigators and if I stay here next transfer then I should be able to see them get baptized.


This week I was reading in Mosiah and I came across Mosiah 7:33 which says "But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage."

I was thinking about what that means, turn to the Lord. While I was thinking on this I had thought about the poem about two paths in a wood. Often times in our lives we have the things that we want to do, we have our own paths and sometimes we think that they are what are best. But as we learn to trust the Lord and to really turn, not have one foot on both paths, but to turn our bodies to look whole heartedly towards God and towards his path, then we can receive deliverance from bondage. I was thinking also about Joseph who was sold as a slave into Egypt by his brothers and how he dealt with his bondage. Although he was still a slave, he made the most of it and in that way was delivered. Later when he was in prison he was literally delivered, but no matter what situation he was in, he was able to make the most of it as he turned to the Lord.

Chinese New Year was wonderful, we ate delicious food and played fun games. I think I will have to get a copy of the Chinese chess game that they played, it is WAY weird and the rules are so incomprehensible that I think it is right up the alley for some of the boys in our family.

Love you all lots, thank you for your letters and packages and most of all your love.

Sister O'Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment