Thursday, April 1, 2010

Week.. next.. in 천안





Dear Beloved Family,
Thank you for all your responses to what the spirit is in your life, that was really uplifting and just what I needed. I know I am a missionary so I should be this ball of bliss, happiness, and endless spirituality, but it really does help when I can hear from you so thank you. Speaking of, if anyone can clue me in to what is happening with Heidi that would be great. Or Jon, I haven't heard from him in a while, I might just have the wrong email for them... Anyway, if they are still alive just let me know.
This week I have been thinking a lot about miracles and covenants.
I was thinking about the importance of making personal covenants in our lives. There are covenants that we all make and that are uniform, baptism, temple covenants, marriage (most people anyway). But I think that we shouldn't be limited to only these-- I think that the Lord is willing to make promises to us personally if we are willing to put the time into asking him and to keep our end of the bargain. While reading in Alma 53 I read about the stripling warriors and their parents. It is interesting that they both made covenants-- one to be peaceful and not touch weapons, the other to fight to the death. Completely different covenants, but the important thing is that they sought the Lord's will and then they promised to do their part if He would help. I think we can make these kind of promises with the Lod in our own lives.
Like I mentioned last week, a lot of times the only thing holding God back is us. I got the idea one time from a religion teacher who went over the gifts of the spirit with us in Moroni and then he said that he spent an entire month one time praying every day that he could have the gift of healing. Then one day someone called him and he was able to give a priesthood blessing at like 2 AM. I am not entirely certain how the whole blessing qualification system works, but I do know that God tells us that if we ask then we can receive. So maybe you have experience with this? If you would feel okay sharing them with me, I would love to hear about them.
I know that when we look for opportunities to take the Lord up on what he has promised us then we will find them. I know that the Lord will bless us and I know that we wont regret the time that it takes to do these things.
Love you lots,
Sister O'Bryan
Weekly highlights:
*After church I got to see someone give bee acupunture. One of our less active member's has a problem with his bones, I am not entirely certain what it is. Anyway, another member told him that her nephew (maybe cousin? I still have a hard time with the relations) had the same problem, but then they did this thing with bees and it fixed it. So she brought this plastic box filled with LIVE honey bees to church. I saw it, but didn't think too much about it until after sacrament meeting when she started to pull them out one by one, break off their little stingers and stick them in a circular pattern in his ankle. I'm not sure how good the pictures are (or if they have a virus on them because these public computers are always a little sketch) but I'm sure you can imagine even if you can't see the pictures. It made me think of something that Mama would try. I'm still not sure if it worked or not, but I don't think it is something I am up for trying.
*We got to visit with a potential investigator (past investigator) who had a baby so I included a picture, she is pretty cute. She doesn't technically have a name yet, something about waiting a few months or a mother-in-law- I'm not sure on the specifics, but we call her Michelle.
*The other picture is from a member's house when we went to eat dinner, she had these great glasses, if you can't tell what they are in the shape of, don't expect me to tell you, but I thought it was way funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment