Thursday, April 15, 2010

News from 전주

Dear family,
With the begginning of a new transfer I am in a new city, Junju! I have two new companions and I have a feeling this will be another great transfer.
Miracle of the week: David. I told you a little about him last week, but we met with him again and he is the definition of golden. He came to General Conference and liked the morning session so much he decided to stay for the afternoon session as well. When President Monson spoke he looked at me and said that it was a prophet of God and that he was really powerful. It's true! And afterwards we were able to teach him the first lesson. Then last night, as the last chance I was able to meet with him, we taught him again. He is so pure and he knows what we teach is true because it is all centered around Christ and he loves Christ. We asked him to talk a little about what he feels about God and Christ and he bore one of the strongest testimonies I have ever heard in my life. When he was at General Conference one of the quorum of the seventies was also at our ward and when he shook his hand he said "this is good. You have such strong faith. One day you will be a very strong leader of the church in Kenya". People are out there, people are waiting for the truth, people want to hear it and we can help them.
He reminded me of one of my favorite scriptures:
2 Nephi25: 26
And we atalk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we bprophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our cchildren may know to what source they may look for a dremission of their sins.
This week's challenge, talk a little bit more of Christ. There is power in your testimonies of Christ because it is truth. Christ lived for us. Christ died for us. He did this because he loves us and I know that is true.
I love you all. I included pictures, one of David, one of my old district, one of some sisters which has my new companions in it, but they aren't standing next to me so I will send a better picture next week.
--
Sister O'Bryan
Daejeon PO Box 38
Daejeon-si
Chungcheong bukdo 300-600
South Korea

"For because of the word which he has imparted unto me, behold, many have been bor of God, and have tasted as I have tasted, and have seen eye to eye as I have seen; therefore they do know of these things of which I have spoken, as I do know; and the knowledge which I have is of God."
-Alma 36:26





No comments:

Post a Comment