Saturday, January 30, 2010

Week...8? in Gwangju

Dear family,

I was reading in 2 Nephi this morning and I was reminded about the purprose of life and all the important things. It was really great because in this chapter Lehi is dieing and he gives one of his last speeches to his son, so in other words these are the words of a man on his death bed to the most beloved people in his life and have a lot of meaning for us as well. He talks about how there must be an opposition in all things. Boy have I seen that, this week I have seen a lot of miracles, but I have also felt a lot of opposition, not huge things like breaking my leg or going into doubts of depression, but things that are small and nag on my brain, miscommunications, frustrations, things that seem big at the time, but I am always able to get through them. For as Lehi reminds us "because of Christ we have become free forever". What freedom is it that Christ offers us, freedom to choose between liberty and eternal life or captivity and death.

In this chapter Lehi bears his testimony "there is a God, and he hath created all things, both the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are." I love this happy statement and would love to add my own that I know that God lives, I know that he is ever aware of us, in our trials and in our happiness. He wants always to offer us freedom of liberty and eternal life. We can be happy, we can have freedom and happiness and that is one of the best messages that we can offer to the world.

We have seen a lot of miracles lately, small and great. To name a few:
*On Sunday we usually have to choose a ward to go to since we cover two. This Sunday we went to our 농성 ward as we thought we would have one of our investigators coming, but she was a no show. Instead of staying for all the meetings, Sister 정 felt like we should go to the other ward so we found a ride and went over. When we arrived we talked to some members and found out that one of them had brought her neice with her to church. Her neice is 15 and after going to Young Womens and making a friend there and feeling the spirit she met with us and one of the first things she said was that she wanted to get baptized! So we have been meeting with her and in a few weeks she will be baptized.
*Every day I am able to feel the spirit testify the truth of the message that we share with everyone. I love teaching, especially with Sister 정 and Sister 조 who is one of the senior missionaries. They are really amazing teachers and have such great teaching skills and such love for the people that we teach.

I hope this email finds you all well. Also, about the package, really thank you for your thoughts, I realized that it's really expensive and so don't feel any pressure to send a package, but I do LOVE paper letters. There is nothing like the feeling you get when you have a paper letter waiting you in the PO box, especially when it is from family and has pictures.

I love you all,

Sister Rebecca O'Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment