Thursday, May 20, 2010

An apostle of the Lord and other things

Dear family,
We got to hear from Elder Christopherson last Sunday at Stake conference. It was a pretty big deal for everyone, they prepared for months and they were just beaming when he complimented them on their food and the choir (which I was in) and everything else. I think it kind of sounded like the kind of talk you could give anywhere and it was somewhat generic, but the spirit he brought with him when he spoke was tremendous. I guess it's like the scriptures, it's not so much that you receive a new revelation every time that you read, but the spirit and peace that you get from consistently reading them can really help you through your day.
I don't have a lot of time this week, we went to the public bath house which took a little more time than we thought. However, I would recommend to anyone, I got scrubbed so clean that I literally sqeeked when I had water rubbed on me. Also it was pretty cheap ($4) unless you wanted an old grandma to rub you down and give you a massage, that cost an extra $15. I don't know why we don't have more of them in America, they are amazing, out door pools, indoor pools, hot pools, freezing cold pools, dry saunas, wet saunas, massage water pressure baths and everything. Maybe it's because everyone is naked. (No worries the women and the men are in seperate buildings).
Anyway, I love you all, think happy thoughts and scrub really well.

--
Sister O'Bryan
Daejeon PO Box 38
Daejeon-si
Chungcheong bukdo 300-600
South Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment