Monday, August 23, 2010

Christlike attributes

Dear family,
Last Saturday the missionaries in my zone got together and did a special musical fireside centered around Christ and his life. Althought it was a bit hectic with the planning and getting everything to finally fall into place, it was really amazing. Our mission president, President Furniss was even able to come down from Daejeon and he cried during it. It was really nice to spend some time pondering on Christ's importance in our lives and how much he did in his own life. While we were teaching Moon Un Sook's family the other day we spent some time talking about when Christ came to visit the Nephites and looked at references in the Book of Mormon. Then as we were ending Sister Nam talked about how she has a list of Christ-like attributes in her Book of Mormon and marks scriptures that help her with them. We all went around and chose one to work on during the week. The mother, Moon Un Sook, chose patience and as we were leaving Dong Oak was asking to go to a friends house and as we were walking away we could hear him yelling "Patience, patience!"
I thought it was interesting so I thought I would challenge all of you to do similarly. Go to the Preach my Gospel assessment: http://www.lds.org/languages/additionalmanuals/preachgospel/PreachMyGospel___00_00_Complete__36617_eng_000.pdf,
p. 140 in the attribute assessment and then chose an attribute to work on for the next couple of weeks. Then send me an email and let me know how things are going.
Also, just got a phone call, I'm headed back up North to become Senior in Susan... oh golly, we'll see how that works out.
I love you all.


--
Sister O'Bryan
Daejeon PO Box 38
Daejeon-si
Chungcheong bukdo 300-600
South Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment